Market research activity needs to be as representative as possible and may need to focus on individuals with certain interests, characteristics or beliefs. You may be asked by our third party suppliers (recruiters) questions about your background, lifestyle and products and services that you use. Some research activities may also require collection of sensitive data, such as ethnic origins, health, religion, sexual orientation or political beliefs. You are not under any obligation to provide this information and our third party suppliers will always obtain explicit consent at the point of data capture.
All third party suppliers of Safari Research Limited are compliant with the GDPR.
If you have joined a research register of a third party that we are working with, and are selected to participate in a market research activity, we will:
- Contact you by telephone, email or SMS message for quality control purposes prior to the research or other activity taking place and for research or other activity taking place over a period of time.
- We will share your personal data that is necessary for the research activity with the client, in line with your original consent.
- We may contact you throughout the exercise to check on progress.
- Our client may contact you after the research or other activity has taken place, to follow up on ideas generated during the discussion, but will not contact you for any other purpose unless otherwise agreed with you.
If you signed up for a research project through a 3rd party, they will remain the Data Controller for their processes and will provide further details through their Privacy Notices.
Once you have participated in the research activity, Safari Research Limited will retain the data you provided to us for a period of 2 years. This is to facilitate quality control and validation.
Any processing of personal data will be done on our encrypted UK servers.
Safari Research Limited operates in accordance with the Market Research Society’s Code of Conduct. For further details please visit their website here
The security of personal data is important. We take our responsibilities very seriously to keep the information you provide us with securely. As such we take every reasonable precaution to ensure your information is protected from loss, theft or misuse. These precautions include appropriate physical security of our offices, controlled access to computer systems and use of secure, encrypted internet connections.
We will not sell your data to third parties for use outside the activities that we agree with you.
We will not share data with 3rd parties unless they are specifically processing that data under contract, on our behalf.
If you ask us not to contact you again, we will delete your data immediately.
As an individual whose personal data is processed by Safari Research Limited you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed – which is what this privacy notice is for
- The right to request a copy of the data we hold about you
- The right to object to direct marketing or processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests
- The right to request that your data is erased.
- The right to request that your data is transferred to another organisation.
- The right to have your data rectified if its inaccurate
- The right to have your data restricted or blocked from processing
- The right to have any automated decision making or profiling explained, and manually reviewed.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by post at:
Safari Research Limited
First Floor, 3-5 Rathbone Place,
London, W1T 1HJ
We will take steps to verify your identity before progressing with your request. If you are not happy with the way we have handled your data and are unable to resolve the issue with us personally, you can complain to the ICO. If you do have any problems, please let us know. You can contact the ICO here.
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time. If there is a major change to the Privacy Notice and individuals’ data is likely to be affected, we will notify them directly by email.
This policy was updated in April 2018 with alignment to the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Membership of the Safari Research Limited Mailing List (B2B communications only) If you are contacted by Safari Research Limited as a business contact and receive marketing communications from us, you have the right to unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of all mailings from Safari Research Limited. You will automatically not receive any further communications from us. Our marketing materials are only sent via email to those businesses and business contacts to whom we believe there is a legitimate interest in receiving our communications as a leading market research agency.